- Really did not want to workout today. Emotions and mood had a lot to do getting my mind in the right place. Eventually decided, I need to at least get on that bike and do a warm up. At least give THAT a shot.
- Bike Warm Up
- 1/2 mile
- Decided I did not want to watch anything. I wanted to feel productive. Started returns on Amazon. Decided half a mile was enough.
- After completing, I do feel slightly more motivated, but still a bit deflated from emotional ups and downs. Decided to continue with the workout and see how I feel.
- Decline Bench Press
- Put some time into setting up my placement.
- 1 – 155/5
- Not bad. Lifting off of rack was tough at first.
- 2 – 155/5
- 3 – 185/3
- Tough, but knowing that I told myself last chest workout to do only 3 reps if necessary gave me some le-way. I benched it and am feeling proud of it. It was only 3, but it was still 3. Got two more sets of it.
- 4 – 185/3
- Completing this set left me more motivated. I’m ready to do an extra set at the end and I’m not even there yet.
- 5 – 185/3
- Saw a hawk in the sky mid-set. Took my attention away for a second. For some reason, I was able to dive back into focus well.
- 6 – 185/5
- I wanted this to be my last set. I was able to push through and get 5 reps. It wasn’t particularly hard, but it wasn’t easy either to do it on the last set.
- Next chest workout notes:
- I think I should attempt next week’s with all 185’s for 3 reps.
- Do a warm up of 45 for 5 reps, 135 for 2, and 155 for 2.
- Finished off morning workout here. I feel good about the chest workout and will maybe attempt some ring pushups tonight with other movements.
- Writing in this journal, my thoughts while working out, felt right. It felt more right than anything else that I’ve done in between workouts. I think I will continue this.
- Did not do an evening workout. Had to sort out things emotionally with partner.